NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting
The NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting is intended for all individuals regardless of previous shooting experience.
This basic pistol course provides both classroom and range training.
Course topics include:
- Firearm safety rules
- Proper operation of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols
- Ammunition knowledge and selection
- pistol selection and storage
- Shooting fundamentals
- Pistol inspection and maintenance
- Marksmanship, and shooting range safety
- Complete live fire training and a shooting qualification on the range with NRA Certified Instructors
- Receive the NRA Guide: Basics of Pistol Shooting Handbook
- Take a Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination
- Receive a course completion certificate bearing the signatures of the NRA Secretary and your NRA Certified Instructor